
A persons overall viewpoint in life, as well as an emotional response they may have in a situation is greatly determined by his background as is his core of beliefs. Obama’s rough family background greatly influenced his choices and actions in life today, it taught him that not everything is going to be easy and gives him the understanding of struggles many people face every day. Barack Hussein Obama was born August 4, 1961 in Honolulu, Hawaii to Ann Dunham and Barack Obama Sr. When Obama was two his parents separated and later divorced, leaving you Obama in a broken home. This shows the people that Obama knows what its like to come from a broken home and understands how hard it can be. When Obama turned 6 his mom remarried and moved to Jakarta where he attended schools that had many lessons taught in Indonesian. When he turned 10 he moved back to Honolulu to live with his grandparents. He was one of 3 black children at the school and this is the time when racism first becomes apparent and a problem to him. Obama admits to using cocaine, marijuana, and alcohol in his teen years, his mistakes makes him seem much more human than he would originally appear. Obama studied at Occidental College in LA for two years before transferring to Columbia University in New York, he graduated with a Political science degree. He then entered Harvard Law in 1988, and was elected first African American Editor of the Harvard Law, he graduated in 1991. Advocacy work that he did led him to run for Illinois State Senate as a Democrat, and in 2000 he made an unsuccessful run for U.S. House of Representatives. Later he beat multimillionaire Blair Hull in a run for U.S. Senate.
Obama is Pro-Choice and opposes any constitutional amendment to overrun the supreme courts decision of Roe v. Wade. Addressing the Environmental crisis at hand he would implement economy-wide cap-and-trade program to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and take many further steps against Greenhouse gases. This shows that Obama cares and is very aware of what is going on and that it needs to be helped, soon. He has promised to create a national insurance program for individuals without employer given healthcare. It will allow for children under 25 to be covered by their parents plan. This shows that Obama knows what its like to be in the situation where you and your kids are sick your struggling with two jobs but still cannot get healthcare. Obama opposed use of Military forces in Iraq and would deploy U.S. troops one of two brigades a month, but would still maintain residual force with al Qaeda. This shows that although Obama is againt the war in Iraq he does believe that something needs to be done about terrorism. He supports eliminating marriage penalty and extending child tax credit and also favors tax-cut for middle-class workers and tax increase for top earners.
Obama is Pro-Choice and opposes any constitutional amendment to overrun the supreme courts decision of Roe v. Wade. Addressing the Environmental crisis at hand he would implement economy-wide cap-and-trade program to reduce greenhouse gas emissions, and take many further steps against Greenhouse gases. This shows that Obama cares and is very aware of what is going on and that it needs to be helped, soon. He has promised to create a national insurance program for individuals without employer given healthcare. It will allow for children under 25 to be covered by their parents plan. This shows that Obama knows what its like to be in the situation where you and your kids are sick your struggling with two jobs but still cannot get healthcare. Obama opposed use of Military forces in Iraq and would deploy U.S. troops one of two brigades a month, but would still maintain residual force with al Qaeda. This shows that although Obama is againt the war in Iraq he does believe that something needs to be done about terrorism. He supports eliminating marriage penalty and extending child tax credit and also favors tax-cut for middle-class workers and tax increase for top earners.
5 comments:
After reading your biography on Barack Obama I feel like you were trying to say that even though he made mistakes when he was younger, such as doing drugs, he still cares about the country and wants to be president. I think this because you point out that he cares and that he wants to change the country. This shows that even though he is young, he would still make a good president. I would like to point out that you have a very good topic sentence. Your topic sentence leds to everything that you wrote in your bio-sketch. I also never knew that Barack Obama did drugs when he was younger, that was very good information to know. All that keeps we wondering about your bio-sketch is are you for or against Obama.
One thing that leaves me wondering about Obama is that how his poor and early life affected his political views in the first paragraph. Besides from running for the U.S. Senate.
Hmm, I loved how you talked a lot about his enviromental positions, most people didn't do that. I didn't know his stances on the enviromental issue, do it was good to see everything from his platform that he had for that. I think for someone who didn't know what Roe Vs. Wade was, you could've told what the decision was on that.
After reading your blog I see the major point you got across in Barrack Obama being: even though Barrack may be against certain things (ex: war) he still want to make America safe from consenquences or anything that may come our way. I think this because you gave elaborate supporting details like environment (which he cares for and is for) and war in Iraq which he is against but want to help control for example: "shows that Obama cares and is very aware of what is going on... does believe that something needs to be done". Your topic sentences are very elaborate and to the point stating his background influence and how he is pro-choice etc.
I found interesting that even though I know evidentely that Obama is against war, I think it is great that he is still supporting our troops in other different ways.
One thing that leaves me wondering is if Obama takes the troops out and something happens where we have to go to war once again due to the troops being pulled. What will he do now?
I feel that your major view point throughout your blog is that Obamas personla background has effected who he is today. I beleive that your topic sentence is very long and wordy and suggest that you shorten it because some of the things in the sentence don't match what you have written. I think it was interesting to include that Obama was one of three black children in his class for I have used this fact as well. However I never thought that this was the time that racsim first began for him because I believe it began when he was born into a mixed family. Your blog does leave me wondering if Obama's race will effect the way people see him or if people will even spend the time to look at his views.In order to imporve your blog I think you should fix you topic sentences and after that your blog should be great.
Post a Comment